FRIENDS & OTHERS
Well, pooey, I've resisted alphabetizing these names, opting to put them in order of familiarity. Alas, as the list
grows, I'm going to end up offending someone if I maintain that practice. So here they are, alphabetized by last name.
Oh yeah, for the record, I've gotten comments from people asking what I mean by "Friends & Others." Are these "Others"
enemies or something? :-) Nah, everything's fine. It simply references the group of people whose pages are listed here whom
I do not know personally. Listing the personal home page of someone with whom I'm not acquainted doesn't automatically include
or exclude them in my circle of friends. I'm just linking to their page. ;-)
Is your personal home page deemed worthy to appear here?
with your URL and I'll let you know.
- Bryan Bennett
- My brother learned how to use a modem and call Commodore BBSs from yours truly. Now, a computer
programmer, he taught me how to use the internet!
- Emil Gallant
- Here, you'll find a respectable list of links which lean toward the Mac platform, but most apply to any
platform. I highly recommend his first link, the Highway 17 Page of
Shame, which was "born out of my frustration of seeing the world's worst drivers during my morning commute and not
being able to actually reach out and 'educate' them." Because he doesn't take the Highway 17 drive anymore, he no longer keeps
this section up, but at last check, you could still look at the full archive. A fellow carpooler of Emil's kept an Apple QuickTake
100 camera handy each morning. The best example ended up as his Jerque du Jour.
- John & Tami Geli
- Tami (Vence) is a former high school classmate who is maintaining the alumni
web page for our class of 1988.
- Arthur and Ashley Gibbs
- Arthur and Ashley's web page is mostly a family-type page with lots of photos. The top page design is very
well done. Arthur is my friend from college and roomate for a short time the summer before my senior year.
- Alicia Goree
- I met Alicia when she interned where I work Florida Conference
after her college graduation. She's into ballroom dancing and has lots of photos to that effect.
- Jeff Krause
- Jeff is a friend of my brother, and since he lives not too far away, has become my acquaintance as well. He
also provides tidbits of Internet information for me, especially since he is loosely affiliated with the Internet service provider I use,
- Karen Lane
- Karen is a friend, also from the mid-Florida region, who has a very clean, simple page with an excellent
collection of links.
- Bob LeVitus
- "I'm often referred to as 'one of the world's leading authorities on the MacOS.' That's way cool. To have
become a leading authority on anything, much less something I love, is proof that America is a great country. I love my life.
I have the best job in the world. I get paid to play with software and hardware, mostly Mac stuff, and then I get paid to write
- Burton Lo
- I suppose I really don't know Burton, but his personal home page is good for the same reasons as Doug
Thomas', below. Burton also maintains an extensive bookmark list, which is why I keep a reference to his page.
- Andy McConnell
- My former roommate and one of my best friends. The bulk of it is an online catalog describing the graphic
design classes he teaches as well as a good list of his favorite web sites, but what impresses me is that he is doing some simple
- Tammy Quackenbush
- (Sorry, Tammy's page disappeared on me. Please excuse the incorrect link until I find the correct one.)
I met Tammy while attending Andrews University and we became good friends. (I
knew her as Tammy Healy at the time.) Jeff, her husband, is into photography and has very nice photos on this web page.
- Laurie Ringer's Literary Analysis Homepage
- My other best friend is finishing her Ph.D. at England's University of Hull. There's not much here about her
since the page is intended for her students, but it's her first go at web-spinning. She made an excellent start.
- Kyla Sorli
- A fun-loving girl I know from the Efnet IRC channel, #orlando.
- Christopher W. Tamulevich
- The one-and-only Green Table Web Site, featuring
Bug Boy and the infamous
Book of Suck.
- Doug Thomas
- Better known as Doubting on the #macintosh IRC channel. He is one of the operators of that channel as well.
It seems that he works at one of Apple's sites doing programming and such. I yap with him occasionally when I get into the IRC
and he frequently helps me out with all sorts of little Mac-related challenges I have. Go look at his "current bookmark list" or
whatever he's calling it. It's got LOTS of stuff in theresome kosher, some not!