CITIES & MAPS
These sites used to only barely measure up to a good Rand McNally 75-cent fold-up, but they have come a long
way over the years, and in many ways are better than printed information since they are updated more frequently, can include
more information about a city, and are free!
- Lycos Road Map
- Vicinity MapBlast!
- Some of the more popular web-based mapmaking and direction-finding engines. Please
tell me if you know of
others that are of this calibre.
- Digital City Orlando
- We strive to become Central Florida's best online source for interactive information, entertainment,
community and commerce. We want to connect with people and connect people of like interests, anytime, anywhere. To that
end, we've created thousands of pages of programming. Much of our information comes from our premier information partner,
Orlando Sentinel Online. For other cities, visit the
Digital City host site.
- Live Florida Hospital Orlando web-cam
- Have a look-see at what Orlando weather looks like right now. A friend of mine works with this live web-cam
which views Florida Hospital. Note that it is on a 15-minute update schedule and is only
active during daylight hours.
- Live Disney World Main Street web-cam
- This page also links to live web-cams in Disney's other theme parks.
- Inside Central Florida
- "Central Florida Starts Here."
- OrlandoGraphic City Guide
- This page keeps an index of web sites and internet resources for a very large representation of Orlando's
best features. Includes sites for TV & radio stations, theme parks, museums, sports events, concerts, ad infinitum. A
warningthis site is rather graphically intense.
- Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority
- Here's where I get the low-down on what my tax dollars are doing to my local highway system.
- A function of Excite.com.
- TIGER Mapping Service
- From the U.S. Bureau of the Census. This really is a cool mapping service with lots of customization
- Xerox PARC Map Viewer