As a kid in elementary, my dream was to be a meteorologist. I have yet to figure out why I liked that profession
so much and why I'm now in a field completely unrelated to it, but the passing interest still remains.
INTELLiCast's current observations and forecast for metro-Orlando.
National Weather Service current conditions from the
Orlando Executive Airport.
Live web-cam overlooking Florida Hospital Orlando.
Live web-cam from Walt
Disney World's Main Street.
- WeatherNet keeps an extremely large database of images and links to hundreds of other web, gopher, FTP,
and telnet sites; as well as various related newsgroups. It uses many of INTELLiCast's current images, but makes them simpler
to access by letting you use a convenient U.S. map.
- NBC News' INTELLiCast provides the clearest, easy-to-view radar and visible image maps I've found.
- Hurricane '99 Tracking Information
- My recommended web site for hurricane data, provided by the Palm Beach Post newspaper.
- National Weather Service
- For those who want to get it straight from the horse's mouth.
- Atlantic Tropical Weather Center
- An extremely comprehensive (and often times, technical) collection of meteorology images and data
devoted to the Atlantic tropical region.
- EarthWatch Communications, Inc.
- It's simply a fact of life that people are fascinated with 3D images. EarthWatch caters to this fascination.
Obviously, the image I call up most is this view of Florida
and the Southeast United States.
- Purdue Weather Processor
- Purdue contains data which is a bit more on the technical end, but it does have an impressive section related
- The Weather Channel
- Provided by the same-named cable network station. If you like the TV version, this web site will be just as
impressive to you.
- SnoWeb Home Page
- The self-appointed center for snow sports. Features global coverage.
- Storm Chaser Homepage
- Plenty of material for those brave enough to follow storm systems in the hopes of seeing a tornado.
- Michigan State University
- If you want to have your cake and eat it too (in other words, if you like MPEG movie weather graphics
instead of still images), then this is the place for you. Various world views with both still and MPEG images are represented
- Weather World
- Offers a variety of classroom-style meteorology information.
- The Weather Dude
- Featuring the Musical Meteorology pages!